Where: Brussels, Belgium
What: People Innovation Europe 2014
Who: Stamford Global
Challenges of Succession Management Planning in Europe: Empowering Talents Internally or Picking in the Global Talent Pool?
Kaisa Tuuliainen is an experienced people development professional. She has worked for Finnair for over ten years. Finnair is a legacy airline carrier in the middle of deep business transformation.
In the past four years her key responsibilities have reflected the versatile world of people development: i.e. talent management, leadership and strategic competence development, change management support for MWB projects, recruitment, succession planning and wellbeing.
Her keynote speech focused on:
• Smart long term resource planning to support sustainable growth
• Focusing on leadership development as a key factor of a successful succession strategy
• Visiting the cost-effectiveness of internal training and promotion vs. recruitment strategies
Here a few ideas from Kaisa:
• Build bench strength – support strategic resource planning and successor planning for key positions
• Build stronger talent pipeline – ensure career opportunities, job rotation and development action
• Create a performance-driven culture
• Identify and develop future potential and leadership talent
• Place the right people in the right jobs at the right time
• Create a consistent message around Finnair talent management